It’s been over a year since I first wrote about
cbindgen. A lot has happened since then.
We’ve had a few new features added (tagged enums!), it’s seen some good use (25k all time downloads!), and there was a talk given at a rust berlin meetup!
This project started out as a quick fix for a problem we were facing at Mozilla. I thought others might find it useful so I open sourced it. It’s the first time I’ve ever ran an open source project, and I’ve learned a lot.
To this day, I’m continually surprised to see people using this tool and going through the effort to improve it. To everyone who’s helped out, thank you!
There is one issue I’d like to write about though.